Written by Jackie Gonzalez, Client Relations Director
Given the dynamic and fluctuating elements of real estate, if there is one thing that everyone can agree is a key facet of the industry it is the word change. In order to keep up and adapt to the ever-changing market trends, you should immerse yourself in knowledge and read blogs that have an array of characteristics from varying sources.
Knowledge truly is power and there is a wealth of knowledge in our technology-driven era that one should absorb like a sponge and apply accordingly. However, searching the internet to identify the most beneficial resources in the blogosphere to follow or learn from is time-consuming. The below blogs and websites offer material that can assist in better understanding the industry:
- Crain’s Chicago Business
- Crain’s Chicago Business is a weekly business newspaper that is also available in digital format
- Not only does this digital magazine feature articles on residential and commercial business trends, but it also offers several lists annually. For example: Chicago’s Fast Fifty (which is the city’s fastest-growing businesses) and Who’s Who in Chicago business.
- Crain’s also launched an iPad app in 2012 and was listed on Apple App Store’s top 10 list of most downloaded Business/Investing apps.
- The Wall Street Journal – Real Estate Developments
- WSJ Development blog offers a variety of significant information, exclusive news, analysis and commentary regarding both the residential and commercial industry and provides the ability to search global information or key words for local information.
- The International Council of Shopping Centers
- ICSC is the global trade association of the shopping center industry and its blog provides industry news, consumer trends, and much more.
- A Student of the Real Estate Game
- This blog offers tips on beginning your real estate career, challenges the RE investment firm landscape, and thoughts on the future of the industry.
- Read the blogs of other RE companies in our industry, both competitors and clients, as well as Mid-America’s blog. Peruse the articles of current clients, REITs, etc. which have a great deal to offer. Below are a few sites that personally I frequent:
- Don’t pigeon hole your brain
- I read residential blogs since I tend to move annually. I read the blogs to not only know the best areas to move to, but to know what the commercial environment is surrounding my new potential neighborhood. One of the blogs I use is Street Advisor.
There are many more blogs that can help the driven employee learn and grow, but these are just a few of my recommendations.
Jacqueline Gonzalez | Client Relations Director
Mid-America Asset Management, Inc.
One Parkview Plaza, 9th Floor | Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Direct: 630.954.7236 | Fax: 630.954.7306
JGonzalez@midamericagrp.com | www.midamericagrp.com